Sunday, June 3, 2012

Hot, tired, hot and really hot

Summer is here and it is hot outside.  I am having to get up earlier to power walk with Buddy each morning, but I am doing it. He finally talked me into giving up the new gym membership I loved until I hurt myself in a boot camp class and started my shoulder trouble. Anyway, Buddy was right. Every morning we hit the road, me with my iHeart radio playing Temptations and assorted Happy Music, and Buddy, trotting along in doggy heaven...



But the heat is on.  Not only the hot weather but my hot flashes are absolutely incredible. I see now what  I have had on and off the last couple of years was just a preview.  I litereally will end up drenching with sweat, inside with the AC on.  Wow, the human body is amazing.

So... feeling overweight, hot flashes, hot weather, tons of work to do... this hill is steep.

But, I am proud of myself.  I am keeping perspecitve.  When I wake up in the morning I truly think of all I am thankful for, sometimes that is the fact my shoulder does not hurt as bad, or at all.  I have a lot to be thankful for and Buddy-walks are just part of it.

When it gets really hot and humid I think how thankful I am that it is because tons of people don't move to Houston due to that and it keeps our house prices low!  I could not afford our house in many areas of the country!  lol

So... hot, tired, but thankful.  Seize the day, enjoy the day. Know that God has a plan and it is the execution of it not getting to the goal.

Though I still would like to lose 25 pounds.  hee hee!

Onward with our 100 days of fitness!

1 comment: