This title is a bit misleading, Jazzercise is not causing weight gain. Just two things have come in my life lately, Jazzercise AND weight gain.
Well, maybe weight gain. Unlike _ Leonie's recent post of clothes feeling looser (go Leonie!) mine are a smidge tighter. Well, I know why.
Lots of work.
Lots of stress with issues at home and business
Hot, hot flashes, menopause, cravings
Shoulder nerve acting up. Ouch, ick.
Eating to 'feel better'
Same old story. "Why oh why," she calls into the darkness, "do I turn to such a a devious traitor as food when I am in despair?"
Wow, rather dramatic.
But, good news: I talked to the nurse at my dr office and am going in to see him about this hotflash nonsense. I am the type to 'tough thing out' and not take medications, hormones and the like. But this is ridiculous.
Also got a glowing recommendation for a chiropractor and like what I have heard so am going in for that this week, too. I think I have been carrying too much weight (pun intended) on my shoulders (another pun intended) and need to care better for myself. So hopefully two of my stresses will be helped.
Now for the Jazzercise part- I did this for several years several years ago. Went back to a fresh new place with new people and one friend I have known for years and had so much fun! So I am excited to add that to my power-walking with Buddy. Nice, too, because it is very non judgemental there.. all shapes and sizes and it really is focused on fun but a good workout.
Eating- I am working really hard to put these habits in place.
I know is it habits, not a gimmick. I know most importantly I need to give my body good things, nourishing things, especially at this age.
I am not giving up!


Cindy, I think the stress thing and not enough sleep has a major effect. I know it does for me. This last week has been big when it comes to stress for me so I totally understand.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes re Jazzercise and doing what we love! For me, it's been kickboxing and Taebo. That habit is easier when we love our workout and I know in times of stress and busy ess I need my. E time, my fun time, my endorphins. Hugs!
I hope you post soon, Cindy.
ReplyDeleteI am trying to eat "paleo" -- for me that means no sugar, and as low carb as possible...while protein & fat & green vegetables are fine in any quantity. This has been something I've been trying to do for a long time-like a year, but this week I got serious, as of Monday.
There's probably paleo eaters who only eat RAW food. That's not me. I have come across some inspiring peoples' stories. that helps.
So, how are you doing?