Monday, June 11, 2012

Meta Health and BBQ Potato Chips

Health depends on what we put in our bodies and how we treat our bodies.

I believe we often over look the connection between mind and body.  If you really think about it, our body exists to house our soul. Our soul is the essense of us, our humanity, our personality, our being.

If our mind is not at rest, our soul cannot be at rest. Our body cannot be at peace.

Why do we overeat? Why do we get pinched nerves? Why do we get ill? I think it is often because we abuse our body with the wrong food and lack of healthy movement, and also abuse it with stressful movement (or non-movement)

But, also if we are not calm in our mind, it is natural to overeat, to not be aware of our body's needs (rest, stretching, 2 hours on the couch reading Gone With the Wind, etc)

Today I have to pay bills. In fact I am supposed to be doing it now. My stomach started getting tight. My shoulders got tense. I hate doing this. So I made a decision.

Every time I pay bills I am going to plan out a session just for that.  Have a lovely cup of coffee.  Put on music I love. Relax, pray first and be in touch with my soul and my Creator. Every experience can be positive if we realize God knows about it all, about us, about our body, personality and soul.

And I won't go eat chips when I get stressed writing checks.  I hope.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it was definite mental stress that caused me to gain some weight last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughters make a production of cleaning the kitchen: there's always beautiful music on to make it fun for them. I seldom think of it (and I'm in the kitchen a lot).

    What a good idea, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete