Saturday, May 26, 2012

What's goin' on.. tell me, what's goin on....

What will happen in the next 100 days:

First, let's look at the calendar.  Need to count up the days, hang on.
Ok, my 100 days ends September 3rd.  Starts today, May 26th.  Got it.

Ooh.. this is good. Between now and then, this is what I know will be happening, but I am sure I will have some unanticipated surprises, too.

Going to visit my mom and brother for her birthday with family.
Working really really really hard on my husbands, well our, business.
Lots of computer time.  So will need to keep that healthy.
My son will turn 22.
I will turn 49.99 plus tax.
Lots of petsitting as summer gets in swing.
Hot, humid weather.
Not spending ANY money as we are in a budget freeze.  So have to get my rewards very cheaply.  (i.e. no shopping...)

Looking ahead, how I can be successful by September 3rd with life happening. Gotta think about that.

Now, what I will commit to.

Lots of water.
Excercise every day. Power walk Buddy 30 min.
Cool down while taking dachshunds on their 10 min sniff-fest.
30 min of yoga or other strength and flexibilty building
Prayer, meditation time every day
Mindfulness
Postiive reading
Friendships, fun and laughter

Now for diet:

Healthy diet. I will post later on how I came to this list, but it is based on research and perceived allergies I have:

No wheat
No sugar
No processed food
No dairy
Organic when possible
No red meat
Little poultry

Now for the Yesses, things I want to be sure to include. Luckily I love most of this stuff!


Fish 4-6 servings/week
Salmon
Tuna


Love nuts!
Walnuts, almonds, some pecans

Fruit fruit fruit!
Bananas
Blueberries
Strawberries
Everything I can find in season and organic when possible

Vegges galore, but especially
Brocolli
Califlour
Squash
Tomatos
Carrots, etc...

Avocados... oh, just love them. I can cut one open and make a quick meal out of it with just a spoon!

(Get in theseCarotene foods)
Sweet potato
Carrots
 kale
Butternut suqash
Turnip greens
Pumpkin
Mustard greens
Cantaloupe
Sweet red pepper
Spinach


Make sure to get...Vit D foods:
Sunflower seeds
Eggs
Pumpkin seeks
Walnuts
Flaxseed



Olive Oil

Coconut milk
Gluten free bread (have a great recipe, occasionally)

3 comments:

  1. I like the walk and yoga for strength and flexibility. And yes, blogging helps me even if no one reads it.. Though I prefer the dialogue! Lol!

    I have a 100 days chart printed free from the 100 days of weight loss book's website (link on my blog). It's on tr fridge and I am crossing the days.

    I love nuts but they often make me feel very bloated?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Leonie! The blogging keeps me on track.. but it is so nice to have friends comment and discuss. I will look for that chart and print it off.

    I have lots of problems but one with nuts is not among them. Well, I am kind of nuts, so have that problem with nuts but not the problem with nuts you mentioned... lol!

    ReplyDelete