It crossed my mind this morning, why am I having shoulder pain now? Right now I need to be on the computer a lot to help John with business stuff. But fingers poised at keyboard level is what hurts most. What is God trying to tell me?
I think it is to be mindful. Not just throw myself into everything with hard work and elbow grease. But be thoughtful.
Also, it is teaching me humility and kindness. I am reading the Steve Jobs biography and the man was an egotistical maniac. A genius, but a maniac perfectionist. When he got very very sick with cancer and almost died his friends and comrades thought it would mellow him. His first day back at Apple he went on a major rant and tore into people, many of which he had not seen for 6 months while ill. Humm.
With my pain I am so frustrated. I have SO MUCH TO DO, both for HOODZ (hubby's business), home, and also growing Happier at Home Petsitting, which we are trying to do for extra income. (It is also my personal love).
I have to stop, take care of me, stretch, calm my mind. I am reading The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawerence. Wonderful, wonderful book. More quotes on that later. It was writtten in the 1600's but applies to today and Steve Jobs could have found it helpful as he practiced his Eastern meditation..
Anyway.. "Just do it". I find though I am limited I still need to keep going. I saw my dad get sidelined with various malaides and he quit moving. Before too long he had atrophied in both mind and body. My brother and I tried to get him to at least walk to the mailbox every day. He didn't.
So, I am going to Just Do It. I walk Buddy every morning, even though I am stiff. I get up from the computer every hour or so, put on The Temptations or Stevie Wonder and dance as I clean up the kitchen. I may do it more slowly, but I am still just doing it. And trying really really really hard to enjoy the moments along the way.

My motto this year , unplanned in January motto time but found and owned , has been "The only way through it, is through it." I just find it helps me get through stuff.
ReplyDeleteFields in that running book ( Amy - if you are here - it could be walking or any other workout, not just running) says "Lose the lists. Get Sh*t done." So true. Sometimes we can spend time on too much planning or thinking or worrying and it is better to just do it. As you say, Cindy.
Yes, I understand about the overplaning. I love to plan. I def plan more than I succeed... for sure.
ReplyDeleteYou are so right.. just face it and do it. I like the phrase 'live in Literalville' don't wish it was a certain way, but accept what is, embrace and savor the good and move through the not good to make it better. Doing is very key.
I'm gonna get me some Temptations.
ReplyDeleteIt's a little thing (walking to the mailbox), but I am going to try and do this:
Get up and move whenever I check this blog, Cindy!
I feel like I've been hit by a truck, after a very stressful nine hours with my mom - dr. visit and then straight to the ER for five hours, then taking her home and doctoring her a bit (actually, a lot) and then almost an hour drive home. That was last night. I got home after my husband, who gets home at 11:30pm from work.
OK. So, I'm moving now!
Moving, walking, whatever really helps me with stress, Amy. Prayers!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Leonie. I'm still tired today...am a bit worried that I'm getting something myself.
ReplyDeleteOh dear! Hope all okay!
ReplyDeleteAmy- prayers for you and your mome!
ReplyDelete